1. New washer and dryer
2. My new job
3. The beautiful sunsets in the Black Hills
4. Good lunch at the LZ meeting
5. My good friend and best man Gary
6. Talking with Gary via Skype last night
7. Video phones are real!
8. The relative ease of finding our new home and getting an offer accepted
9. Rapid City Farmers Market
10. Beautiful sunsets in the Black Hills
11. Central Air at our house
12. New roof on the new house
13. Being able to move into our new house right away
14. My lab space at SDSM&T
15. The patience of my wife
16. Health insurance
17. Big front window in our house
18. Having a professor at SDSM&T to guide me into being a new faculty member
19. Having other people I can contact as mentors
20. Short wait time for new driver’s license
21. Figured out how to get portable CD/DVD drive working. It was borrowed from ITS, and it had an on/off switch that I could not find for a while.
22. Low VOC paint used in the Chemistry/Chem. Eng. building
23. Keys for new office.
24. Window in my office
25. Chance to interact with students at freshman orientation in Physics Dept.
26. Ice cream sandwich at freshman orientation in Physics Dept.
27. Changing room, shower and lockers in the building next door to Physics.
28. Successfully transporting eggs from farmers’ market on my wife’s bike (Aug. 24, 2013)
29. Crickets at night
30. Conversation with neighbor about barking dogs
31. Able to reach real estate agent about issues with house
32. Temporary desk in my new office
33. This list has no rules imposed from the outside! 🙂
What I Have Read in 2017
Books I am ReadingReaching Students: What Research Says about Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineeringby Linda Kober
To Read Next
My Blogging Inspirations and Influences
Tags#ichep2016 2007 CGSA Camping Trip 2008 CGSA Camping Trip Adventures in Japan 2014 astronomy Being a Christian Physicist Bicycle Black History Month Blows to my patriotism BMENS: Biological Macro-Evolution by Natural Selection Creation Care Creative Writing dreams Election 2008 Election 2010 Election 2012 Election 2016 Encouragement Enouragement Family Favorite Companion Flags Food Friends Fun Fun with Flags Gratitude Italy 2006 Kyoto 2012 Lakota Moving from CA to OH Moving from IN to IL Moving from OH to IN Music Mystery Our Congregation Practical Benefits of Particle Physics Prayer Sommers Sports Tales of the Weird Travel Wedding Weinland Park Young-Earth