1. The wind was at my back for most of the ride in this morning (Sep. 23, 2013)
2. Helped my wife cut her hair
3. Finished first part of shelf lining project for her
4. God gives second chances (see Jonah 3:1-3)
5. “In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.” – Ephesians 1:7-10
6. After our can opener broke, I was able to use a generic “Swiss” army knife to open a can of black olives.
7. We helped initiate at potluck for Project Church on Sep. 22, 2013.
8. The rain missed us at the potluck, and we only got a few drops riding home.
9. Good food and good time with new friends at the potluck
10. Hannah’s great salsa
11. Christine’s meringues
12. Sharing our chili
13. Carrying the chili in my bike bag without spilling it
14. Achieved inbox zero again briefly today (Sep. 23, 2013)
15. Homemade spelt pizza crust
16. Baking our own homemade pizza
17. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” – Lamentations 3:22-23
18. Remembered to start the dishwasher this morning.
19. Realized that I had forgotten my helmet in time to turn around and retrieve it.
20. Found the bike lights
21. Finished unpacking and cleaning my office.
22. My office phone has arrived
23. Explored two floors of the Devereaux Library on campus that I had not entered before
24. Found a textbook for a class I am teaching at Devereaux
25. Helped my wife pack for her trip to a friend’s wedding.
26. Rapid City has an airport
27. Enjoyable meeting with Dr. Hamilton
28. Enjoyable colloquium from Dr. Hamilton
29. Successfully dropped my wife off at the airport (Sep. 27, 2013)
30. Our director complemented the tubas at the most recent band rehearsal
31. My wife’s safe journey from Rapid City to Minneapolis
32. My wife’s safe journey from Minneapolis to Pittsburgh