1. Surprise breakfast from my wife (Apr. 7, 2014)
2. Helpful notice from my wife that I needed to cover my bike to protect it from incoming weather (Apr. 7, 2014)
3. Jerry’s Cakes & Donuts
4. Fun conversation at Beer & Bible (Apr. 6, 2014)
5. Finished planning class for the remainder of the semester
6. Enjoyable lunch with Pres. Wilson, award-winning physics students, and the co-spokesperson of LUX
7. Informative presentation from a SD Public Utilities Commissioner
8. Good conversation about possible outreach opportunities to K-12 students
9. Wonderful dinner with good friends (Apr. 11, 2014)
10. Our friends’ oldest son Matthew gave me a hug
11. Meeting our good friends new baby (2 weeks old) for the first time (Apr. 11, 2014)
12. Holding the new baby (Oliver)
13. Learned more about my colleagues
14. The latest episode of Cosmos, which I watched online.
15. Wrote my first letter of recommendation
16. Submitted a seed grant proposal a day early
17. Learned that we do not like a particular restaurant
18. More free evenings now that band rehearsal is done for the semester
19. Books ordered for my class in Fall Semester
20. Our friend Laura passed her Master’s defense
21. I was able to attend Laura’s defense
22. Attended part of the Honors convocation and congratulated our award-winning physics students in person
23. T-shirt from the High Plains Regional Science & Engineering Fair.
This list was inspired by the book One Thousand Gifts Devotional: Reflections on Finding Everyday Graces by Ann Voskamp. Since I am much more of a geek than Mrs. Voskamp, my goal was to list 1024 things for which I am grateful within a year. God has given me so many blessings that I have reached this goal in less than 8 months. Thank you all for reading, and thank you God for all the blessings.