- First lesson on using a milling machine
- Eating produce from our garden
- Lining a ramekin with parchment paper before microwaving an egg is an effective way to reduce cleaning time.
- The overwhelming messages of encouragement I have received in response to my Facebook question, “Whose story can I make better today?”
- A change in perspective on an important personal issue.
- The ability to communicate with a long-time friend on Facebook.
- Discussing faith, science, and affordable housing with friends at a morning men’s group.
- Learning to use a milling machine and making my first piece on it.
- Good conversation with a student who is having trouble.
- Helping a friend I have never met
- Opportunity to speak at The Well on Nov. 1
- Handing out candy to trick-or-treaters; my favorites were the boys dressed as Mario and Luigi!
- Physics Halloween social 2015, with us dressing (and acting) as Dark Matter an Dark Energy
- My friend wrote a novel called Truest, which is powerful, moving, deep, and infused with her faith. It grabbed places in my psyche that I barely knew were there, and it has refused to let go.
- Laughing with my wife while watching recorded TV shows on our Entertainment PC
- Homemade Sloppy Joes, including peppers from our garden.
- Clearance Halloween candy
- My presentation at The Well was well-received.
- Time with a good friend (Nov. 1)
- My improving ability to play our upcoming concert pieces in the SDSM&T Symphonic Band
- Progress in seeking new projects for my lab.
- Good meetings with students on Nov. 2
What I Have Read in 2017
Books I am ReadingReaching Students: What Research Says about Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineeringby Linda Kober
To Read Next
My Blogging Inspirations and Influences
- Tulsi Gabbard - Fact-checking Tulsi Gabbard's attack on new Trump policy for pork inspections, E. coli testing
- Joe Biden - Joe Biden cites study that found 25 percent of ankle sprain patients in ERs were prescribed opioids
- Marianne Williamson - U.S. spends 1,000 times more on war than peace, presidential candidate Marianne Williamson says
- 2007 CGSA Camping Trip
- 2008 CGSA Camping Trip
- Adventures in Japan 2014
- Being a Christian Physicist
- Blows to my patriotism
- BMENS: Biological Macro-Evolution by Natural Selection
- Creation Care
- Creative Writing
- Election 2008
- Election 2010
- Election 2012
- Election 2016
- Favorite Companion
- Fun with Flags
- Italy 2006
- Kyoto 2012
- Moving from CA to OH
- Moving from IN to IL
- Moving from OH to IN
- Our Congregation
- Practical Benefits of Particle Physics
- Tales of the Weird
- Weinland Park