- Excellent discussion and planning with Society of Physics Students
- My wife landed safely (and close to punctually) in Pittsburgh
- Received my influenza vaccination.
- Physics colloquium from one of our graduate students
- Time at the library this evening (Nov. 5)
- The Pleiades rising in the east.
- Retrieved my wife’s bike from the bike shop)
- Tried a new restaurant (Nov. 7)
- My wife was able to spend most of Friday (Nov. 6) with dear friends
- Finished machine shop training
- I was able to help my wife find a hotel for part of her trip.
- Beautiful conjunction of Mars, Jupiter, Venus, and the Moon early in the morning as I was riding to a men’s group (Nov. 6)
- Good discussion at men’s group
- Being able to make tea in my office.
- My wife’s bicycle is turned up and back home.
- Good conversation with a colleague about religions beliefs and their effect on society
- New pillars in place for our garage porch
- My wife’s beautiful flight from Pittsburgh to Minneapolis
- Bringing my wife home from her trip
- All of the wonderful friends my wife caught up with during her trip
- Starting a calibration test of our radon monitor.
- Dark chocolate ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery
- Discussion of race and policing in Rapid City based on a study from the University of South Dakota.
- Leftovers from Sheetz
- Video of a levitating frog.
What I Have Read in 2017
Books I am ReadingReaching Students: What Research Says about Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineeringby Linda Kober
To Read Next
My Blogging Inspirations and Influences
- 2007 CGSA Camping Trip
- 2008 CGSA Camping Trip
- Adventures in Japan 2014
- Being a Christian Physicist
- Blows to my patriotism
- BMENS: Biological Macro-Evolution by Natural Selection
- Creation Care
- Creative Writing
- Election 2008
- Election 2010
- Election 2012
- Election 2016
- Favorite Companion
- Fun with Flags
- Italy 2006
- Kyoto 2012
- Moving from CA to OH
- Moving from IN to IL
- Moving from OH to IN
- Our Congregation
- Practical Benefits of Particle Physics
- Tales of the Weird
- Weinland Park