Gratitude (Nov. 18 – Nov. 24)
- Punctual and affordable shuttle ride to the airport
- Good flight from RAP (Rapid City) to MSP (Minneapolis)
- Good food and place to work during my layover in MSP
- Good flight from MSP to DCA (Reagan Washington Airport)
- DC Metro ride from DCA in Virginia through Washington, DC to Greenbelt station in Maryland.
- Complimentary shuttle from Greenbelt to the hotel
- Good night’s sleep in hotel
- Breakfast buffet
- Time in morning to relax and get work done before the workshop starts
- Texting with my wife throughout the trip
- Being able to (barely) walk to Baskin-Robbins from the hotel
- Many great conversations with the leaders of the AAPT Workshop
- Many great conversations with my fellow physics teachers
- Advice to start with only one thing rather than the entire firehose of ideas from the workshop
- Free books, flash drive, and websites from which to draw future ideas
- Active engagement ideas and materials for my upper level courses
- A little time to walk along the National Mall on the way back to the airport
- The Martin Luther King, Jr. memorial
- Hearing from the founder of the Physics Education Program at Ohio State, from which I benefitted as a graduate student
- Discovering that Physics Education Research has a history dating back more than 40 years.
- Nice conversation with a fellow passenger returning from a HR conference.
- Good dinner in the Minneapolis airport on the way home.
- Encouraging, entertaining, and useful presentation on software for enabling group work.
- Lunch with colleagues before the presentation
- Encouraging, entertaining, and useful presentation on common group dysfunctions and how to deal with them
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink