Gratitude (Dec. 30, 2015 – Jan. 5, 2016)
- Successfully transferring all of my Blogger content to my new blog
- Safe and reasonably punctual flight from Mesa back to Rapid City
- The friend who was generous enough to give us a ride back from the airport
- A non-overwhelming amount of e-mail waiting for me
- The bagels and cream cheese I left in the fridge were still good upon our return.
- I think I saw the aurora borealis on New Year’s Eve
- Being with my wife for the first moments of 2016
- Feeling ready to get back to work after a good vacation
- Making flight and hotel reservations for upcoming travels.
- Having New Year’s Day as an official day off
- Watching The Big Bang Theory with friends
- Making homemade popcorn for friends and wife (Jan. 1)
- Cleaning out most of the living room
- Putting couches and tables back in place in the living room. It is now ready for guests!
- Getting needed sleep this weekend
- Catching up with friends at first meeting of The Well since our return from holiday travels (Jan. 3)
- Learning how to better mop floors and clean class table tops
- New red bathroom rug
- Getting our upstairs bathtub thoroughly cleaned
- Find out how to mark shows as watched in MythTV
- The many Christmas cards we have received from friends
- Christmas gift card we have received from family
- I am content enough with what I have that I had some difficulty deciding how to spend the gift cards.
- Helping my wife cook some of our winter squash supply (Jan. 3)
- Ordering a compass for aligning our TV antenna
- Finalizing rental car plans for an upcoming trip
- Started watching helpful videos of a seminar about writing a good NSF CAREER proposal
- The sloppy joe’s we had for dinner (Jan. 3)
- My wife informing me of the election in time for me to vote
- Riding to a friend’s house that I had not biked to before
- Food and fellowship at a dinner with friends (Jan. 5)
- Being called “brave” (by a Marine) for my persistence in biking!
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink