Gratitude (Jan. 6 – 12)
- Finally settling what course I will teach in the upcoming semester
- A very productive and helpful meeting with the lead instructor for the course
- Powerful and surprisingly hopeful meeting about human trafficking in western South Dakota
- New microwave oven
- Installing new cable modem
- The “save link” feature on Facebook that allows me to actually think about my comments before I post them.
- My new summer bathrobe
- Finishing a set of videos on how to write and NSF CAREER proposal
- My new compass, which I bought for a aligning our TV antenna
- First research group meeting of the new year
- New undergraduate working with me
- Finalizing trip to Arlington
- Plans for meeting friends on my next two trips
- A relaxing day today (Jan. 10)
- The library bought a book (The Wounded Sky) at my suggestion!
- Truest is also available at the Rapid City Public Library.
- Safe and punctual flight from Rapid City to DFW
- Safe drive from the airport to the hotel, despite the crash that occurred in front of me on the highway.
- A very helpful phone call with a colleague (Jan. 11)
- Good service at the hotel so far
- My first book finished of 2016, The Wounded Sky, was amazing and profound!
- Interesting and important talks at the Collaboration meeting
- Lots of good food at the meeting
- Free parking
- The hotel management fixed a problem with my shower within 90 min. of me reporting it.
- I was able to easily and cheaply replace my forgotten razor
- I remembered to pack everything else I needed
- I was able to give another collaboration member a needed ride.
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink