- Good time at Community Meal last night (Mar. 8)
- Making homemade marshmallows again!
- My homemade marshmallows were well received at Community Meal.
- Petting Guinea pigs
- Productive first meeting about planning a conference in 2017
- Successfully defrosting and inventorying our chest freezer
- Watching Red Green together (Mar. 9)
- Fun and interesting Q&A session with regional SPS students about the science of Angels & Demons
- I think I’m getting good at making marshmallows
- Surprisingly broad and deep discussions at The Well on mysticism and the nature of reality (Mar. 13)
- Finished the book Crazy Horse and Chief Red Cloud.
- Helping my wife with her grading
- Beautiful picnic by Canyon Lake
- Getting seafood on our first visit to Dakota Seafood Company.
- Buying and installing a new vent cover in our upstairs bathroom; unlike the previous one, this one opens and closes.
- Buying pies for the Physics Dept. Pi Day social (Mar. 14)
- Good pies and conversation at the Pi Day social
- Informative and encouraging discussion at a seminar on helping people transition out of poverty
- The new cables for connecting a laptop to our department’s telescope seem to work and did not blow any fuses.
- Meeting possible new friends and their cute children at Community Meal
- Good food, conversation, and play at Community Meal
What I Have Read in 2017
Books I am ReadingReaching Students: What Research Says about Effective Instruction in Undergraduate Science and Engineeringby Linda Kober
To Read Next
My Blogging Inspirations and Influences
- 2007 CGSA Camping Trip
- 2008 CGSA Camping Trip
- Adventures in Japan 2014
- Being a Christian Physicist
- Blows to my patriotism
- BMENS: Biological Macro-Evolution by Natural Selection
- Creation Care
- Creative Writing
- Election 2008
- Election 2010
- Election 2012
- Election 2016
- Favorite Companion
- Fun with Flags
- Italy 2006
- Kyoto 2012
- Moving from CA to OH
- Moving from IN to IL
- Moving from OH to IN
- Our Congregation
- Practical Benefits of Particle Physics
- Tales of the Weird
- Weinland Park