Gratitude (Mar. 23 – 29)
- Good food at Tally’s with Physics Lunch Club
- Shopping for unusual candy after lunch, including my first Mars Bar (basically a Milky Way), my first full-sized Mr. Goodbar, and truffles from the Chubby Chipmunk
- Riding my bike safely though the snow and slush
- Hutterite chicken pot pie
- Finishing the yoga class at SDSM&T
- Noticing that my balance has improved while taking yoga
- Reduced my e-mail inbox to a manageable size (Mar. 24)
- Selling our old dishwasher to scrap
- Good discussion about the last chapter of Acts (Mar. 25)
- A partial day off on Friday (Mar. 25)
- Staring a new Bible reading plan (New Testament in a year)
- Helping my wife spatchcock and roast a chicken for the first time.
- Making cookies and cream marshmallows for the first time
- Delightful and delicious Easter care package from my parents, including Hello Kitty socks and a Darth Vader gumball dispenser!
- Cleaning my office desk
- Dinner with friends, during which we at the aforementioned chicken and marshmallows
- “We will not all die, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable body must put on imperishability, and this mortal body must put on immortality.” (I Corinthians 15:51-53).
- The first paper documenting NOvA results has been published!
- Setting up next time to use our department’s telescope
- Successfully including graphics from the textbook in my class slides (Mar. 28).
- Significant progress on getting letters from people for a proposal (Mar. 29).
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink