Gratitude List (Aug. 17 – 23)
- I took the opportunity to ask a question of the President of SDSM&T at the Fall Convocation
- Someone later complimented me on the question
- Gathering with graduate students and my wife at the Firehouse after Qualifying Exams
- Watching a thunderstorm on our back deck
- Meeting with one of our incoming Physics freshman and his mother
- Hosting a Community Meal at our house (Aug. 23)
- Meeting new friends at the community meal
- Watching one of my friend’s older children hold and play with another’s baby gently.
- My friend’s daughter wearing Darth Vader earrings
- The first band rehearsal of the new semester
- Having a new tuba player in our section
- Our new band director is very organized.
- Shopping with my wife at the Farmers Market
- Sampling the surprisingly good gluten-free
- Buying tickets to a concert by Itzhak Perlman.
- The surprise decorations my wife put on our basement wall
- Teaching my first class of the semester
- Nachos and cream puff at the Central States Fair
- Watching the Society of Physics Students Wrestle a Pig at the Central States Fair
- Biking with my wife to and from the fair.
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink