Gratitude List (Aug. 24-30)
- Meeting with an old friend from high school while they were visiting Rapid City!
- Meeting my wife’s colleagues at the President’s welcome picnic
- Starting to implement an active learning technique in my graduate physics class
- First group meeting of the semester with our undergraduates back on campus
- More good fair food
- Riding fair rides as part of the Moonlight Madness deal
- Playing Bingo at the fair
- Winning two bingo games at the fair
- The view of the city form the top of the Ferris Wheel.
- Viewing an art exhibit by one of my fellow professors at SDSM&T in our city’s art gallery.
- Time to rest this weekend
- Getting lots of work done around the house
- Cooking with my wife (Chicken a la king)
- Cooking and eating produce from our garden (kale, bell peppers, and zucchini)
- Our first staff meeting of the semester was shorter than scheduled
- Eating dinner outside with my wife before band rehearsal
- Keeping in touch with friends via e-mail and social media
- Installing new parts on radon monitor.
- Useful meeting with our admissions staff
- Moving a piece of equipment from a colleague’s lab into ours
- Learning much about Lakota culture by attending my first Lakota Cultural Forum
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink