Gratitude (Feb. 1 – 7)
- My wife discovered a “slightly on fire” object outside of a campus building. We were able to report it, and it was safely contained. It was actually exposed live wires of a demolished light fixture.
- A book on hold arrived for me at the library; it contains the short story on which the movie Arrival is based.
- Lunch club at the Smiling Moose, which was a first visit for me.
- More travel money in our grant than expected, so we will be able to fly rather than drive on an upcoming trip.
- Productive group meeting this morning (Feb. 6)
- Another book is available at the library: Lakota Woman.
- See a fellow church member at the Legislative Crackerbarrel (Feb. 4)
- Learning more about upcoming bills at the crackerbarrel
- Getting the house prepared for my wife’s birthday party
- All the fun we had, including learning a new game, at the party (Feb. 5)
- Delicious, potato-themed food, at the party
- Many wonderful words to my wife in her birthday cards
- A deeply encouraging belated birthday card for me
- Time to rest the day after the party (Feb. 5)
- Good discussion on the difference between wants and needs at The Well
- Starting a manuscript study of Daniel with friends (Feb. 3)
- Helping my wife with ideas for labs in her class
- My wife gave me a ride to the airport (Feb. 7)
- Getting quickly through security at the airport
- Despite a delay in our departure flight, we made our connection and arrived in Chicago on time.
- Talking with my wife before going to bed.
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink