Gratitude List (May 4 – 9)
- Mass transit in Twin Cities means I didn’t need to rent a car while here
- Delicious food at Annie’s Parlour
- Good conversation with friends at Annie’s
- My “shadow” shift was helpful and informative
- I also helped to improve the remote control room where I am working
- Good conversation with a colleague about teaching and diversity in physics
- Helping my shadow shifter prepare for his upcoming shift
- Dinner with a friend from high school (May 5)
- Despite forgetting my lunch, I was able to go back to my hotel and return only slightly late for my shift, thank in part to a bus that was going my direction on the way back.
- Good internet connection in the hotel room.
- The Target Express near my hotel where I have been able to buy breakfast lunch supplies
- Smoothie and conversation with friends who picked me up at the hotel.
- They also gave me a ride to another friend’s house (Katie)
- Katie’s family gave me dinner and we were able to catch up on our lives. I was able to meet her husband and cute sons.
- Successfully packing for my return trip.
- The problems encountered by the experiment overnight seem to be resolved.
- My wife getting to donate food to an animal shelter and visit some kittens.
- Good conversation with a friend via Facebook
- Good food at the MSP airport
- Safe and punctual flight back to Rapid City
- Watching my wife play on our church’s softball team
- Cheering with friends at the game
- Good meeting about our upcoming conference
- Attending public hearings on a proposed uranium mine in South Dakota
- Good food and friends at community meal
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
. Bookmark the permalink