Gratitude (July 5 – July 11)
- Our electrician removed unneeded cables from our house
- Important conversation with a colleague
- Having a job flexible enough for me to attend the town hall meeting by our lone Congressional representative Kristi Noem
- Enough interest to pack the town hall with at least 120 people (my estimate)
- The 4-H students who were at the town hall
- The audience was more than willing to express disagreement with Noem and each other
- Staring to de-clutter our living room
- Bonus frequent flyer miles from a new credit card
- My first yoga class at Sol Yoga, and I was the only student!
- The graduate student who helped me teach people about radioactivity in everyday objects at Neutrino Day
- All of the people who attended Neutrino Day.
- Great support from University Relations for our booth at Neutrino Day
- Seeing friends from church at Neutrino Day
- Driving from Neutrino Day to home, the library, my office, and the airport in time for our flight to MSP.
- My wife finishing the packing while I was at Neutrino Day.
- Safe, punctual flight to MSP.
- Good dinner at the airport
- Shuttle van to Eau Claire
- Our hotel is next door to the shuttle drop off location
- 24-our convenience store across the street from our hotel
- Visiting my grandmother
- Good weather for our time in Wisconsin
- Visiting, eating, and catching up with my parents, aunt, and sister around a backyard fire in Wisconsin
- Petting Willow, the office cat at the Chippewa Valley Airport Service Eau Claire location.
- Beautiful lightning on the ride back to the Twin Cities
- Safe flight and drive home.
- Starting to set up the advanced lab class I will be teaching in the fall.
- Good conversation and food at community meal
- Looking at pictures and toy trains with the daughter of our of our friends
- Attending an open house about the Downtown Master Plan for Rapid City
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink