Gratitude (July 11 – July 17)
- New shoelaces to replace my fraying old ones.
- Participating in the Downtown Master Plan open house (July 11)
- Community meal with friends
- Playing trains with the daughter of the community meal hosts
- Watching videos with her
- Physics lunch club at Pizza Ranch (July 12)
- Good discussion with the organizers at the MPO transportation open house
- Trimming my beard
- Creating a digital picture frame with electronics we already had around the house.
- Working on my Entertainment PC
- Taking the day off
- Watching Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which was far better than I expected and surprisingly moving
- Good discussion at the Wobbly Table
- A new member at the Wobbly Table
- Good meeting with University Relations about the upcoming groundbreaking at the Sanford Underground Research Facility
- Testing a card game with my wife
- Successfully testing the Physics Dept. telescope on a 12V battery
- Buying cinder blocks from Menard’s
- A well-timed call with my wife the kept me from unnecessarily trying to bring home 2 tons of cinderblocks.
- The physical strength to move and place the cinderblocks I did need
- Menard’s rain barrel kit
- Setting up the first phase of our new rain barrel system
- Getting laundry put away
- Decluttering our living room
- Setting up the first experiment for our upcoming advanced lab class
- Organizing and rediscovering photographs from earlier in my life
- Beautiful concert (part of the Rushmore Music Festival) at the Cathedral
- Good discussion at The Well about time and values
- Making several important phone calls this morning (July 17).
- A wound on my hand seems to be healing well
- Quick medical appointment to look at the wound
- Watching my wife’s team win their first softball playoff game of this year’s tournament
- Buying water and ice for the team for their possibly long series of playoff games tonight
- The campus electrician showing me how to shut of some lights to make stargazing easier for the BHAS outreach event for the SDSM&T GenCyber camp.
- Taking the team picture
- Exploring the timer feature on the audio Bible on my phone
- Lunch club at Pauly’s
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink