Gratitude (Aug. 9 – 15)
- Having dinner with my wife at Sabor
- Buying new pants, including an unexpected deal
- Good meeting with a colleague about our departmental review
- Starting to set up another experiment for my fall class
- Choosing a textbook for the fall class
- Summer nights
- Finalizing the list of experiments for my class this fall
- Taking measurements and ordering parts for my environmental tester.
- Starting to read The Cat Who Could Read Backwards with my wife
- Our garden seems to have survived a hailstorm.
- The hailstorm did not strike while I was out biking
- Hosting friends for a backyard pot luck (Aug. 13)
- Beautiful weather for the potluck
- Good food from friends and from the fireplace
- Finding graham crackers and chocolate for s’mores
- Good meeting with Facilities about future renovations of my lab space
- Watch one of friend’s children (Jacob) perform in a local play
- The play was a hilarious and surprisingly deep satire of American history
- Jacob performed very well!
- Walking around the mall after the play
- Calling and meeting with potential deck repair contractors.
- Physics Lunch Club at Chili’s
- Community meal with friends
- Bringing cheese and bread to the meal
- Learning about people’s past eclipse experiences at the meal
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
. Bookmark the permalink