Gratitude (Aug. 23 – 29)
- Good meetings with students (Aug. 23)
- Lunch club at Murphy’s
- More progress in deciding responsibilities for our departmental review
- Meeting a colleague’s baby
- Our first University Band rehearsal of the semester
- We have three tuba players in the band
- Watching our SPS team come within one second of winning their round of Pig Wrestling at the Central States Fair
- Playing in the “hamster balls,” similar to the ones below:
- Good Skype conversation with a friend
- Donating to a Boy Scouts rummage sale
- My wife’s dedication, expertise, and patience in getting video streaming from our Entertainment PC across our wireless network.
- We now have portable access to our recorded TV shows with and open source system!
- Good and encouraging discussion about “Circles of Grace” at The Well
- Picking up my prize-winning photos and prize money.
- I think I have finally found a way to get my household chores done reasonably well.
- Paying Faculty Lounge dues
- Having lunch with other people in the lounge
- Good meeting with postdoc about the radon monitor
- Dinner with my wife at La Costa
- Starting to clean my lab after construction
- My wife’s pasta salad for community meal
- Good food, friends, and conversation at the meal
- Petting cats and guinea pigs at the meal
- My wife’s advice on teaching
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
. Bookmark the permalink