Gratitude (Sep. 27 – Oct. 3)
- Successfully performing surgery on a cassette to splice broken tape and recover most of the contentEffectiveness and simplicity of noise reduction in Audacity
- Making important decisions about the Physics curriculum in the future
- Important discussion about the history of “The Star Spangled Banner” and recent controversies about it during our band rehearsal
- Disconnecting rain barrels for the winter
- Buying a new rain coat, which is working well so far
- Buying supplies for testing different TV antenna locations
- Getting chores done around the house
- Practicing my tuba between rehearsals (Oct. 2)
- Reserving a rental car for my upcoming trip
- My student arrived safely at Fermilab
- Trying a new restaurant (Inferno) with Physics Lunch Club (Sep. 27)
- Seeing a colleagues new house
- Starting to think that I am making a significant contribution to the Inclusion Committee
- Getting my bike tuned up and repaired
- Selecting a new book for the Wobbly Table (The Gospel of the Kingdom)
- Meeting at a different coffee shop while our usual one is changing locations
- Hiring someone to seal our front deck
- Plumbing repairs in our basement bathroom
- My wife buying chocolate for me.
- Watching the Pumpkin’ Chunkin’ competition downtown, including the SPS team
- Finding this stenciled on the sidewalk downtown
- The painted lady butterfly migration
- Transferring cassette tapes to digital formate using a borrowed tape player and open source software.
- The new student in my lab successfully analyzed our latest data
- Riding my bike with a cargo of dishes, fire-starting supplies, and s’more supplies, to community meal
- Staring and tending a fire at the meal
- Wonderful food (vegetable curry) at the meal
- Roasting marshmallows
- A lovely concert after community meal.
- Help cleaning up my supplies
- A friend willing to lend me gloves after I had lost one of mine
- Finding my lost glove!
- A friend’s son’s help with getting the fire going using dryer lint.
- Catching up with a good friend at the meal.
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink