Gratitude (Apr. 18 – May 1)
- Participating in the March for Science
- The cat (a black cat named Sabbath, get it?) who marched for science
- The opportunity to be a the featured speaker at the end of the march
- All of the compliments I received on my speech afterwards
- Good presentations in class
- Interesting colloquium from one of our students
- Getting boxes and starting to inventory in preparation for our lab move
- Listening to part of the SDSMT orchestra concert on Facebook
- Safe and on-time flights back home from Columbus
- Arriving in time to teach class upon my return
- Getting takeout for dinner before our final band rehearsal
- Getting takeout before our band concert
- Getting to know one of the other tuba players in the band while waiting for the concert to start
- The very good performances of the other two bands
- The theme for the concert was “Battle of the Bands,” and the announce for the “battle” did an great job. He made the theme work
- We won the battle of the bands!
- After many months of trying, we were finally able to get together with friends at a great Thai restaurant
- Selecting the railing for our deck rebuilding project.
- Learning about the Holy Shift tour at The Well (Apr. 22)
- Reviewing several important documents (Apr. 23)
- Physics Lunch Club at Mongolian Grill
- Interesting posters by students in the Technical Communication class
- The opportunity to give my wife a ride to the airport
- Her flights were safe and she arrived on time.
- I was able to keep our garden and indoor seedlings watered while she was gone, and several of them sprouted!
- Difficult but important meeting with a colleague
- Buying a new bike bag and other items for my bike.
- Learning how my wife might be able to more easily adjust her handlebars
- Biking to the final Physics Department social of the semester
- Good food at the social
- Learning more about my colleagues at the social
- Finished writing the final exam for my class
- My wife’s flights home were safe, and she made her connection
- Watching my wife’s plane land at the airport
- Taking her home from the airport
- Starting a new book with The Well
- Checking out a book on Lakota star knowledge from the library
- Finishing online cybersecurity training
- Encouraging words from friends at a difficult time
- The overwhelming graciousness of one of my friends
- Getting our lab mostly packed an inventoried for a temporary relocation over the summer.
- Taking possession of our new vehicle
- The willingness of the seller to go the extra mile to resolve some last-minute difficulties.
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink