Gratitude (May 23 – June 5)
- Helping my wife install some new light-blocking shades in our bedroom windows
- Important and encouraging meetings with colleagues
- Allen Sherman
- Seeing Black Panther at The Elks
- Our departmental meeting with the University’s President
- Good conversation with a long time friend
- My eyes are healthy and I do not need to change my eyeglass prescription
- Being able to work from home
- Helping my wife work in the garden and for the amazing amount of hard work she has done to plant it and help it grow!
- Getting a lot of work done around the house (May 28)
- Good discussion at the Wobbly Table (May 25)
- Visiting a friend
- Good discussion of imperfections at The Well (May 27)
- Getting packed for my trip to Minneapolis (May 29)
- The tremendous amount of work my wife has done in tilling and planting our garden
- Our first harvest from the garden (volunteer baby kale)!
- Safe and on-time shuttle ride to the Rapid City airport
- Due to a flight delay, I was unable to present at a phone meeting, but the organizer was very understanding
- I arrived in Minneapolis in time for all of my personal and professional meetings.
- The light rail system that took me to and from the airport
- Meeting with good friends and enjoying good food, memories, and update sat Annie’s Parlour.
- My AirBNB was affordable and in an excellent location
- Taking a shadow shift was very helpful in learning what has changed since the previous time I took a shift.
- Dinner with a friend from high school who now lives in the Twin Cities
- The opportunity to teach the person who shadow shifted with me during my first day on shift.
- A thrift shop near where I stayed allowed by to buy a few items I had forgotten to pack.
- My shifts went well overall.
- I was able to properly report and document the few problems that did occur while I was on shift
- I found good food to make for lunch while on shift
- Good weather for walking around campus after my shifts
- Visiting the Mississippi River on the U of MN campus
- Keeping in touch with my wife while I was away
- Good dinner at the Minneapolis Airport
- I am a getting better at plane spotting. I can tell the difference among a 737, an A320, and an A321.
- Safe and punctual flight back to Rapid City
- Shuttle ride back home with interesting conversation and a chance to talk about my work.
- Seeing A Wrinkle in Time at The Elks. I recommend it!
- Finishing a bunch of travel paperwork
- I was able to have a check I had forgotten re-issued and cashed.
- Meeting with my students after my trip.
- Watching my wife’s team play softball in two games, including a thrilling that ended in a 10-10 tie. She had some great plays, hits, and runs! (June 4)
- Having enough flexibility in my schedule to wait out the computer problems at my polling place.
- Physics Lunch Club at Olive Garden (June 5)
- Planning for my class in the Fall
This entry was posted in Gratitude Lists
and tagged Encouragement
. Bookmark the permalink